Many emails that leave your organization should have a footer with some legal jargon on them.
I'll show you how to add a rule that will stamp all outbound email with a footer.
- Log into your Office365 Admin portal.
- Locate the "Exchange" menu item under "Admin Center" and click on it. This will open the Exchange Admin Center in a new tab or window.
- Locate, on the left hand side, the menu item "Mail Flow" and click on it.
- Under "Rules" click on the [+] to add a rule.
- Name the rule something like "Domain Email Footer".
- Click on the drop down under "Apply this rule if..." and pick "The recipient is located..." from the list.
- Pick "Outside the organization" from the options window.
- Click on the drop down under "Do the following..." and pick "Append the disclaimer..." from the list. Click OK.
- You will need to enter some disclaimer text into the "specify disclaimer text" window. It CAN be HTML. Click OK.
- Under "Properties of this rule:" enter the correct priority. It does not need to be first.
- Under "Choose a mode for this rule:" pick "Enforce".
- Click "Save"
You just added a rule to add a disclaimer.
Now, go and test it with your GMail account to make sure it looks right.
Hope this helps.