In this quick how-to, I’m going to share with you a piece of code that quickly fixed this issue for me.
First, let's talk about what it fixes.
The issue that this code/procedure addresses is the crashing of the Microsoft Apps Store on Windows 8.0/8.1.
The symptom is: When you open the App Store it looks like it will work, but then throws an error and closes.
Here is what you can do to fix this behavior.
The command is:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
1) Open a command prompt by going to the metro interface
2) Start typing “command” and select “Command Prompt” from the list that populates
3) Copy/Paste the powershell command (above) into the “Command Prompt” window.
Once this is done, you should be able to access the Microsoft Apps Store.
If that does not work, try this.
1) Open explorer and navigate to “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\”
2) Delete the “edb.log” and “edb####.log” files (where #### is a hex number)
3) Reboot immediately
If these processes don't work, please contact me for support!